Handguns (revolvers and pistols): You must be a US citizen 21 years of age or older with a valid ID to purchase a handgun from a dealer federally licensed to sell firearms in your home state. You can not buy a handgun outside of your home state.
Long guns (rifles and shotguns): You must be a US citizen 18 years of age or older with a valid ID to purchase a long gun from a dealer federally licensed to sell fire arms in any state.
A background check will be preformed before the gun is purchased. All questions on the 4473 form must be answered honestly and correctly. We receive the approval or denial in store through the National Instant Criminal Background Check.
You will not be approved if you:
- Have been convicted of a felony or crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
- Have been adjudicated as mentally defective or been committed to a mental institution.
- Have been a fugitive from justice, an unlawful user of any controlled substance.
- Have been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces.
- Have have renounced his or her US citizenship.
- Have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
- Have been subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child.